Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ALOHA 'OHANA - THAT'S HELLO FAMILY


ALOHA!
It took me 24 hours to get to Hawaii (from wake up to the time I went to bed!) but it was well worth it!! In the past 3 days I have played in the pool (it has an awesome slide!!!), went to a luau (we had front row and daddy was chosen by a Maori warrior to be his friend :)), hiked to the top of a volcano and watched the sunset on Maui below, and today I learned how to surf! Michael, my instructor was awesome and I stood up after only a few minutes! My dad was surfing near by and my mom watched from the beach. Tonight we are going to a special astronomy show on the roof of our hotel to see constellations, planets, and maybe even the Milky Way. Tomorrow my mom is going to learn how to paddle board and my dad and I are going to surf again. Friday we are going to snorkel in a volcanic crater 2 miles out in the Pacific Ocean. I hope I can take pictures of Pacific Sea Turtles for my grandma - she loves turtles.:) I am having an awesome time. Hope you like the pictures.
Aloha and Mahalo!
xoxo


Daddy and I at 8,000 feet - it was cold!!
Mommy and I at 9,700 feet above sea level - it was really, really cold!!
We made it! 10,000 plus feet above sea level - it was freezing but beautiful!!!


It was so much fun catching my first wave!

7 comments:

  1. Carleigh. Grandpa and I loved the pictures,especially the one of you surfing. You look awesome.Sounds like you are having a vacation of a lifetime.Hope you were able to take
    pictures of the turtles.Love and miss you,Grandma and Grandpa xxoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carleigh - It sounds like you are having an incredible time - I am so happy for you :) The pictures are awesome. You look like a pro surfer! I can't wait to hear all about your other adventures
    Aloha
    Aunt Denean
    P.S. Tell mom and dad hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shots of you at the top of the volcano and surfing! We went to the astronomy show on the roof of your hotel too - wasn't it cool? Hi to the family! Btw - enjoyed reading your summer book reviews.
    The library lady (Mrs. Frost)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carleigh- Thanks for the update and the pictures. You all look great! I can tell you are all having an awesome time. Have fun surfing!
    Love, The Crokens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma and PopPop,
    We saw 3 Sea Turtles!! We took pictures but i cant post them until we have web access again . We were so close I could almost touch it! We are in Waikiki now. It is a big city but our hotel is on the beach. Today we are going to Pearl Harbor and then Tuesday we are going to the North Shore to Surf! Hope the waves aren't too big! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunt Denean, Mrs. Frost, and Aunt Susan,
    Thank you for reading my blog. We are having so much fun. My mommy said she can't wait to see you guys for dinner. I will update my blog when we have web access again. I'm doing this on her phone and it's a little hard.
    Xoxo - Carleigh and Caren
    Carleigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carleigh,
    What a wonderful blog. I enjoyed reading your postings about your vacation. I must say you look very impressive surfing. I wish I could do that. That surfing picture would look great in a scrapbook.
    Your blog can count as your journal, so I am expecting you at lunch in September.
    Continue to have a wonderful time in Hawaii. I wish I was there!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Nelson

    ReplyDelete