Saturday, July 31, 2010

Aloha Part 2

In the last few days, I have done a lot in Maui. I learned to make a lei (It is really easy. You just get a string and needle and put the needle through a flower.) We went snorkeling at a place called Molokini Crater and Turtle Town. Molokini Crater was cool because I saw lots of fish and sea urchins. Turtle Town isn't a town. It is a reef where there are a lot of sea turtles. I saw 4 turtles! One turtle was a few feet away from my leg! Back at the hotel, they announced that they were going to have a splash contest and I came in 2nd out of 20 kids! I won a free shaved ice :) After Maui, we went to Waikiki, Oahu and I found pieces of coral on the beach by our hotel. Then we went shopping and I got a solar powered lucky cat that moves its paw and head. On the next day, we went on a tour bus and went to see Pearl Harbor and learned about how the Japanese attacked Hawaii in 1941. On our last full day we went to the North Shore where in the winter there are huge waves that surfers surf on. Hawaii was definitely the best trip of my life (so far!). I miss it!!!

We played Glow Put on our last night in Maui. It was really cool!!

One of the sea turtles we saw! This picture is for my Grandma!!


My 2nd place splash!!

Waikiki Beach
Pearl Harbor
This is a place that we just stopped at on our way to the North Shore. We pulled over and started to snorkel. We saw so many things like cuttlefish and angel fish!


4 comments:

  1. Carleigh,
    We did have a great time - I am so glad you had so much fun! What was your favorite part of the trip?
    Love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carleigh,WELCOME HOME!!! Pop-Pop and I missed you. We are so happy that you had such a great
    vacation. It looks like you were busy every
    single minute. We are anxious to see you and hear
    about all your adventures. Can't wait to hear
    about the turtles. See you this week -- I need
    a hug. Love, Grandma XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy,
    I liked the sea turtles and the splash contest the best. It was my favorite trip ever!!
    Love,
    Carleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma,
    I can't wait to see you this week! I will tell you all about my adventures.
    Love,
    Carleigh xoxo

    ReplyDelete